These are three books you should definitely NOT read if you meet the following criteria:
- You are deeply religious.
- Your religion is super important to you.
- You are a thoughtful person whose thinking evolves as you gather more information.
If you meet all three of these criteria, reading these three books may be deleterious to your religious health. They look at how life is formed, built, and how human societies have evolved – including a discussion on why religion is an important construct in human society and success (but how it is an invention of humankind).
So with that out of the way, here you go:
- The Selfish Gene by Richard Dawkins
- Sapiens by Yuval Harari
- Your Inner Fish by Neil Shubin
If you read them in that order and you have a limited knowledge of biology & evolution, those three books will completely change the way you see the universe.